Doors open 1.30pm
The meeting will commence promptly at 2pm
The 2023 AGM will be held on Saturday 25th November at 2.00 pm at Draycott Memorial Hall, Draycott. BS27 3UE
All branch members are welcome to attend.
1. Apologies for absence.
2. Minutes of the AGM held on Saturday 26th November 2022. The minutes were published in The Arion, issue No 123.
3. Matters Arising.
4. Acting Chairman's Report (Peter Bright). This was published in Arion, issue 125 and is also available on this link.
5. Treasurer's Report (Nick Redman) and Adoption of Accounts. The accounts for the year ending 31st March 2023 are in The Arion issue 125 on page 5.
6. Election to the Branch Committee
a) Peter Bright, John Ball, Sue Davies & Tony Spiess retire on rotation (3yrs). They are all eligible to stand for re-election.
b) Ben Barker had been co-opted onto the committee in the last year and is now standing for election.
d) Any member may propose another for election to the Committee at the AGM, provided that the proposal is received by the Secretary (Alison Uren) in writing by 20th November Email: Secretary@somersetbutterflies.org.uk
7. Any Other Business.
8. Date of next Meeting. Social meeting - Saturday 9th March 2024 at Draycott Memorial Hall
9. Next AGM will be on Saturday 23rd November 2024 (not the 9th Nov as published in Arion, as BC Headquarters have their AGM on that date)
The Members' meeting will follow on after the short AGM (please arrive before 2pm AGM)
"Who is Doing What for Butterflies and Moths in Avon?"
- by Ben Barker. BC Branch Committee Member
"Butterfly abundance, species richness and diversity in fragmented urban landscapes : implications for conservation and management strategies in Bristol"
- by Flora Tiley. UWE, Bristol.
Refreshments, Photo Comp voting & Raffle
- Finalists of the online photo competition will be displayed before, and during the break for viewing and voting.
- Raffle tickets for sale (£1 per ticket) - cash only.
- Second-hand Lepidoptera books - cash only.
"Wild Spaces - BC's Flagship Engagement Programme"
- by Steve Gray. Head of Wild Spaces at Butterfly Conservation
The meeting will close at 5pm
This website and its content is copyright of Butterfly Conservation (BC) Somerset & Bristol Branch
© Butterfly Conservation (BC) Somerset & Bristol Branch 2023. All rights reserved.
We need your consent to load the translations
We use a third-party service to translate the website content that may collect data about your activity. Please review the details and accept the service to view the translations.